This website collects no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you voluntarily choose to provide that information to us. Examples of such voluntary information include what you may provide when you fill out an online form, send us email, respond to a survey, or register for a specific service. We will not rent, lend or sell your personal information to any outside organization or individual.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. Your web browser software transmits most of this information to us. This information does not identify you personally. In accordance with accepted website management practices, we automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
(1) The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the website;
(2) The type of browser and operating system used to access the SMC’s website;
(3) The date and time you access the SMC website;
(4) The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other documents you download, such as PDF (Portable Document Format) files and word processing documents;
(5) If you linked to the website from another website, the address of that website; and
(6) The name of the country in which your server is located.
We will use the above information transmitted by your web browser only to make our site more useful — e.g. to tabulate the number of visitors to our site and determine the technology our visitors use. We do not associate any of this data with an individual’s name or any other personal information.
The personal information you provide by emailing us, completing online forms or surveys, etc. is readily identifiable to you individually. We collect no personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. If you choose not to provide us with any personal information, this will not affect your ability to use any other feature of the SMC website.
You can review any personal information we collect about you. You may recommend changes to your personal information that you believe is erroneous by submitting a written request that credibly shows the error. If you believe that personal information about you is being used for a purpose other than what was intended when submitted, you may contact us. In all cases, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections. See Contact Information section.
The Santa Monica Conservancy reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Any changes will be posted to our website.