On October 10, 1910, Robert Farquhar applied for a permit to build this residence. Nearly 100 years later, the distinctive French Revival residence was designated as a City Landmark. Originally located at the corner of San Vicente and 7th Street, the house was moved to its present location in 1952. Notable aspects of the house include the symmetrical facade (typical of Farquhar’s work) emphasized by two sets of French double-doors, set on either side of the door, arched dormers emerging from the gabled roof, and the conical covered entrance. The architect and his wife Marion, of the prominent Jones family, resided in the house for approximately one decade. Farquhar’s portfolio includes the William Adams Clark Library in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills High School.